Thursday 18 September 2008

Will Arsenal Or Barca Be 'Perfect Choice' For Chelsea's Kalou?

La Liga giants FC Barcelona are set to join Arsenal in the race to sign Ivory Coast International Salomon Kalou from Chelsea, with recent reports suggesting the striker is ready to leave Stamford Bridge due to frustration at the lack of starts at the Blues.

This has alerted chiefs at the Nou Camp, who are reportedly ready to pay Chelsea £8million to bring Kalou to the Catalan club, as they search for solutions to bring back the La Liga title to Barcelona, according to reports in Spain.

The 23-year-old Ivory Coast International has been at Stamford Bridge since joining from Feyenoord in 2006, but has been frustrated by his lack of opportunities under new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari and is ready to leave the Premier League side in search of a new challenge, if he has to.

“Of course I practice hard to have opportunities, but the manager’s decisions must be respected, even if I’m here to play,” said Kalou.

“I don’t know what my future consists of, the season is still long.

“It’s too early to take a decision right now. When a young player arrives at Chelsea he’s happy to learn, and then you can have the opportunity to grow in another club or in here.

“As a young player I am aware of the fact that I have to make the perfect choice and at some point of my career I’ll have to accept to fly with my own wings.”

Scolari revealed recently that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger had made an approach to bring Kalou to the Emirates Stadium during the summer, but was not prepared to let Kalou leave. However, should the Gunners make an approach in January, Kalou might have to make the perfect choice between Barca and the North London side.

No comments:

Post a Comment