Wednesday 8 October 2008

Arsenal Captain Gallas: 'I Did Have A Few Bad Performances, Maybe Im Tired'

Arsenal defender William Gallas has admitted that his form for the Gunners in the Premier League along with his form for France have not been consistent in recent months.

31-year-old Gallas has come in for criticism from certain corners after unconvincing performances in the defeat to Premiership debutantes Hull City at the Emirates Stadium and a poor showing for the French in EURO 2008.

However, the former Chelsea player is fully aware that he has not been at his best for Arsene Wenger’s North London side this season or indeed for France in their early 2010 World Cup qualifiers, but has insisted he will get back to his best for both club and country.

Gallas told L'Equipe: “I can say we have not seen the Gallas from 2006 this term so far. In a few matches, I have not been so good. With the French team in Sweden and Austria, I was not very good at some moments.

“I would close my eyes if I would say I am strong. That would mean I don't recognise I did have a few bad performances, as recently with my club against Hull City. Maybe I feel a little tried.

“Do I experience the most difficult period since I joined Arsenal? We could say yes. Above all I miss consistency. One match is good the other one is not so good. However, I am doing everything to get to my best again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment