Friday 24 October 2008

Arsenal Legend Bergkamp Eyes Premier League Return

Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp has not ruled out a return to the Premier League as a manager or coach, with some Gunners fans hoping that the former Dutch International will be the man to finally replace Emirates boss Arsene Wenger.

39-year-old Bergkamp was a cult hero during his time at Highbury between 1995 and 2006, with the striker scoring 87 goals in 315 appearances for the North London side before deciding to retire.

Bergkamp is now a coach at the club where he started his career Ajax and is taking his coaching badges. The former Inter Milan forward has also revealed how the Dutch youngster’s refer to Arsenal as one of the best teams they have ever seen, with the Dutchman proud to have, played his part in it.

Bergkamp said: “People ask me the question if I could come back to England one day to coach and I say yes.

“I always enjoyed it here and it's a fantastic country to be involved in football. Maybe in the future I will be back in some way.

“As soon as I have got my badges I would like to work with youngsters, probably over in Holland.

“Living in Holland now a lot of people are referring to Arsenal as one of the best teams they've ever seen.

“It's just great to see them playing in a way that's attacking and such a joy to watch.

“I was a part of that and I know how special it feels for the players.”

No comments:

Post a Comment