Saturday 18 October 2008

Cisse Reveals Bolton, Man City, Portsmouth & West Ham Snub To Join Sunderland

On loan Sunderland striker Djibril Cisse has revealed how he snubbed interest from Premier League clubs Bolton Wanderers, Manchester City, West Ham United and Portsmouth to join the Roy Keane revolution at the Stadium of Light from Olympique Marseille.

27-year-old Cisse had previously spent two seasons in the Premiership with Liverpool at Anfield before moving to Ligue 1 side Marseille on loan in 2006 and making a permanent switch to the Stade velodrome in 2007.

However, the French International has insisted that he will always remember his time with Marseille and revealed that his Liverpool tattoo is dedicated to his time at the Merseyside club.

“When I came to Sunderland I realised people have not forgotten Djibril Cisse,” he told L'Equipe.

“I could not believe it. To understand my choice to have joined Sunderland you must have some English football culture.

“About the atmosphere, it is not Anfield, but it is so much noisier. But we must be clear, I never give up L'OM (Marseille), as I never gave up The Reds.

“At Liverpool, Rafael Benitez asked me to leave. So I left. I have a tattoo dedicated to Liverpool, five stars for the five Reds' Champions League wins, notably the one I have won against Milan in 2005.

“I will never split with Le Championnat. The proof is last season I refused Bolton, Manchester City, West Ham and Portsmouth. I was fine in France at L'OM.”

No comments:

Post a Comment