Saturday 11 October 2008

Hleb: Fabregas Should Leave Arsenal For Barca

Former Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb has revealed that he has been trying to persuade Spanish International Cesc Fabregas to quit the Gunners and join him at La Liga giants Barcelona.

27-year-old Hleb left the Emirates Stadium for the Nou camp in the summer after three years with Arsene Wenger’s North London, with the Belarus winger admitting that he has been in regular contact with EURO 2008 Winner Fabregas trying to get the central-midfielder to join him at the Catalan club.

Fabregas declared earlier in the week that it would be a dream to play for Barcelona. The team he left as a youngster to hone his talents in the Premier League, with Hleb stating that he can’t wait to be reunited with the 21-year-old.

“We get on very well on and off the pitch. For me he is like a brother. We call each other a lot to talk about things,” Hleb said in El Mundo Deportivo.

“He tells me he misses me at Arsenal and, without wanting to detract from anyone, I would love it if he came to Barca to be a part of all this.

“I don't stop insisting that he should return to Barca and he doesn't stop insisting that he is very happy at Arsenal and with Arsene Wenger.

“I will keep boring him until he changes his mind. If in the end he listens to me, I think it would be great for Barcelona.”

No comments:

Post a Comment