Saturday 18 October 2008

Man City's Elano Plays Down Inter Link

Brazilian International Elano has played down recent reports linking him with a move from Manchester City to Serie A Champions Inter Milan, with the playmaker insisting he is happy at the Eastlands Stadium.

27-year-old Elano joined City from Ukranian side Shakhtar Donetsk last summer and is keen to remain at the Eastlands and turn the Blues into a Premier League force. With the arrival of former Santos team-mate Robinho at City this summer along with countryman Jo, Elano is commited to City and has claimed to know nothing of the approach from the Nerazzurri.

“I do not know anything about Inter’s interest,” Elano told O Globo.

“Lately I have been focused on Brazil’s matches, not on my personal situation.

“I haven’t spoken with anyone about a possible approach. Nevertheless, that kind of announcement values players for their involvement, but right now my head is at Manchester City.”

However, Elano did reveal that he thought Inter coach Jose Morinho was a great manager, but again reiterated that he is in the dark about any switch to the San Siro.

“We have a lot of work to do to be part of the top teams of the table. But I cannot deny that [Jose] Mourinho is a great manager, and I repeat I do not know anything about Inter,” Elano added.

No comments:

Post a Comment