Saturday 18 October 2008

Wigan's Heskey: "A Move To Liverpool Would Be Lovely"

After an impressive start to the new season with a recall to the England squad, Wigan Athletic striker Emile Heskey has confessed he would relish a return to Liverpool.

The 30-year old has been in good form for Wigan under manager Steve Bruce and recently appeared in his 50th game for England on Wednesday in the World Cup qualifier against Belarus.

Heskey’s contract with the Latics is due to expire at the end of the season and reports on Friday morning have linked the forward with a return to the Reds, four years after his departure from Anfield in 2004.

Liverpool will reportedly face competition from Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa for Heskey, but the England International has revealed that a return to Liverpool "would be lovely".

"When you are performing well speculation will come around," Heskey told BBC Radio Five Live.

"A move to Liverpool would be lovely. Who knows what will happen. Let's see how it goes.

"Everyone wants to play in Europe at the highest level.

"Everyone knows that I'm in the last year of my contract so speculation is bound to happen. You just have to take it with a pinch of salt and and carry on playing.

"I am just going to keep my options open and give my all for Wigan. In my position I can afford to do that.

"I've been in putting in some good performances and people appreciate that."

No comments:

Post a Comment