Thursday 6 November 2008

Adams Eyes Bergkamp Reunion At Portsmouth

Arsenal legend Tony Adams has revealed that he would be interested in bringing another Gunners legend and former team-mate Dennis Bergkamp to Portsmouth in a coaching role.

39-year-old Bergkamp is currently working as a coach for his boyhood club Ajax and recently revealed that he would be interested in coming back to the Premier League in the future, with new Pompey boss Adams ready to offer Bergkamp along with another former Arsenal player, Martin Keown a role at Fratton Park.

Adams said: “I want my staff sorted sooner rather than later, really by the weekend.

“I'm meeting with a few people and having conversations with a couple of old friends. I've had a positive meeting with Martin Keown.

“Then there's Dennis Bergkamp, who is taking the youth team at Ajax and is a good, good man.

“I've not spoken to him, but there are a few people I still need to talk to.

“I've got some good people still at the club, which is great, but I need my people in and the sooner I can do that the better.

“Mind you, you don't have to be an old Arsenal player.”

Bergkamp, who was idolised during his 11 years at Highbury before retiring in 2006, stated recently that he would be open to a return to the Premiership.

Bergkamp said: “People ask me the question if I could come back to England one day to coach and I say yes.

“I always enjoyed it there and it's a fantastic country to be involved in football.

“Maybe in the future I will be back in some way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment