Thursday 27 November 2008

Argentine International Open To Spurs Move

Argentine International striker Fernando Cavenaghi has revealed that he would be open to a move to Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur from Ligue 1 side Bordeaux.


Recent reports have suggested that new Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is keen to add 25-year-old Cavenaghi to his squad at White Hart Lane in January. With Redknapp only having three recognised strikers in Roman Pavlyuchenko, Darren Bent and loan signing from Manchester United Fraizer Campbell at the North London club.

Cavenaghi has now claimed that if Tottenham are indeed interested in signing him then it is an offer the former River Plate forward would have to give serious consideration to.

Cavenaghi told Setanta: “I do not know if Tottenham are really interested in signing me. If it's right, though, I will study this offer because they are a top English team.

“I must say I like the English league, I like it a lot.

“I know many Premier League players, even if there are not many Argentinians up there. Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano - I know them well. Why shouldn't I follow in their footsteps?”

Despite being left on the bench for Bordeaux’s Champions League clash with Chelsea on Wednesday, Cavenaghi has insisted that he is not frustrated at the French side.

“I would not say I am frustrated. I play every single league game, so it's only in the Champions League that I come on as a substitute,” he added.

Should Cavenaghi leave Bordeaux in January for Spurs then he would be reunited with Pavlyuchenko, who he played with upfront at Spartak Moscow for two years between 2004-2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment