Saturday 29 November 2008

Chamakh Keen On City Move, But Would Prefer Arsenal Or Spurs - Watch Him In Action

*

Moroccan International Marouane Chamakh has revealed that he is interested in joining Premier League club Manchester City, but sees the potential move only as a stepping-stone to signing for a bigger club in the Premiership, with the striker stating recently that he would favour a move to either Arsenal or Tottenham Hotspur.


24-year-old Chamakh has been at Bordeaux since 2001, with the Moroccan making his senior debut for the French side in 2002 and has made 165 league appearances during his time at Bordeaux. The French-born striker made his debut for Morocco in 2003 and has 12 goals in 34 caps for his country.

Chamakh told setanta.com: “Of course I am interested in Manchester City and hopefully, one day, I will end up playing in England.

“Pascal Chimbonda opened the doors to French League players by moving to a relatively modest team before joining a bigger club, Tottenham, and I could follow his example.

“A foreign player can learn by playing for a mid-table team, because you always need to adapt, and then aim higher.

“I have been told that moving to England is a culture shock, but as far as I am concerned, I am not from a French culture and made it here so, to my mind, I can adapt.”

However, while he is interested in a switch to the Eastlands Stadium the Moroccan would prefer to ply his trade at either the Emirates Stadium or White Hart Lane, with the forward claiming that a move to Spurs would be “magnificent”, while revealing that he also “really liked” the Gunners.

“I will reach the end of my contract in 2010. I haven't met any officials yet. I am open to Bordeaux or anything else,” he told L'Equipe recently.

“In principle, I will not leave for another French club. My objective if I have to leave Les Girondins is to go abroad, preferably to England.

“Let's wait for the end of the current season to see if we will play in the Champions League and if the coach (Laurent Blanc) will stay.

“A London club is always exciting. I really like Arsenal, but a club like Tottenham would be magnificent for me too. It all depends on the circumstances.”

No comments:

Post a Comment