Friday 14 November 2008

Comoli: Recent Spurs Results Down To Me Not Redknapp

Former Tottenham Hotspur sporting director Damien Comoli, who was sacked by Spurs along with manager Juande Ramos and coach Gus Poyet last month has insisted that the revival at the North London club under new boss Harry Redknapp is down to the foundations the Frenchman had built at White Hart Lane and not former Portsmouth manager Redknapp.

Comoli was eventually sacked by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy after a string of blunders in the transfer market since his appointment and has spoken out for the first time since his dismissal at Spurs.

Comoli said: “My time at Tottenham went exceptionally well.

“I had a lot of success. I did a lot of good for the team and left a club in great shape.

“The current results are showing what I did for Tottenham. The team is great and young."

Comoli has also claimed to be in the dark as to why he was shown the exit at Spurs along with Ramos and Poyet.

“I am still asking myself what happened in the end. I don't understand it,” Comoli added.

“I advised the club to take a coach (Ramos) and it went well at first. But when he had problems the club turned on me.

“I am leaving a club with a lot of assets, many, many good players.”

No comments:

Post a Comment