Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Valencia Leading Liverpool & Barca In Chase For Brazilian Starlet?

Valencia, are leading the race ahead of Liverpool and La Liga rivals Barcelona to sign Brazilian starlet Keirrison, with Los Che opening talks with the young Brazilian’s management company, according to Sport.

19-year-old Keirrison currently plays for Brazilian club Coritiba and was a pivotal figure in the Coxa Branca winning the Campeanato Serie B last season and has shone in the top-flight of Brazilian football this season.

Keirrison has an incredible strike-rate for Coritiba, with the young forward scoring 54 goals in 100 appearances for the Brazilian side since making his senior debut in 2007 after coming through the youth system at the club.

Sport claim that Valencia are willing to pay £8million to bring Keirrison to the Mestalla and have opened talks with Traffic, who own 80% of the striker’s registration, with Coritiba owning the other 20%.

Keirrison is expected to leave Coritiba in January, with Valencia now appearing to lead Premier League club Liverpool and Barca in the chase for the highly rated youngster.

However, the 20% stake of Keirrison that Coritiba own is believed to be complicating the talks with Valencia, which could leave the door open for a move to the Nou Camp or Anfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment