Wednesday 17 December 2008

Arsenal Striker Suffers Injury Setback

*

Croatian International Eduardo, who made his comeback for Arsenal in a reserve game against Portsmouth on Tuesday, will have to wait a little longer on the sidelines at the Emirates Stadium. After being taken off at half-time in the clash against Pompey with a hamstring strain.

25-year-old Eduardo finally made his return in a Gunners shirt after nearly 300 days out following the horror tackle by Birmingham City player Martin Taylor, which left the Brazilian-born striker with a dislocated ankle and a broken fibula.

Now after a lengthy spell out Eduardo is set for more treatment after being taken off in his comeback as a precaution. However, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will be pleased that the hamstring strain is not too serious, with Eduardo revealing that he only expects the injury to delay his comeback by a further two weeks.

Eduardo said: “At the moment I am better and I feel very happy. I came off at half-time because I felt something in my hamstring but I think I will be all right in two weeks.

“The situation with my injury was very hard for me but I have to forget everything bad in my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment