Thursday 11 December 2008

French International Wants Premier League Move

*

French International Rod Fanni, who is currently plying his trade with Ligue 1 side Rennes has revealed that he would favour a move to the Premier League or La Liga, with Real Madrid being mentioned as a possible suitor for the full-back as well as Sunderland, who were linked with the Frenchman in the summer.

26-year-old Fanni joined Rennes from French rivals Nice in 2007 and has made 45 appearances for Les Rouges et Noirs during his time at the Route de Lorient. Fanni’s performances for Rennes have earned the defender a call-up to the French National team this year, with the right-back now having been capped twice by Les Bleus.



Fanni has revealed that it is his ambition to improve and has done so by steadily moving to bigger clubs in France, with his sights now set on the Premiership or the Primera Division as his next move.

“Every player’s ambition is to improve. I moved up a step when I signed with Nice, then another when I joined Rennes,” Fanni told Foot Mercato.

“The truth is that I have always been attracted by foreign leagues.”

However, despite his name being mentioned with a move to Los Merengues, Fanni has conceded that there has been no contact from Real, but would jump at the chance to play at the Bernabeu or in the Premier League.

“Personally I never received any phone call but actually I have heard that something may happen,” he added.

“I would be happy with it, but at the same time, many scouts came to see me since my career started. But for sure if I am to leave Rennes my priority will be England or Spain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment