Sunday 7 December 2008

From Russia With Love For Chelsea?

*

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari could make a January move for compatriot Vagner Love after the Brazilian striker, who currently plays for Russian side CSKA Moscow revealed that it was time to move on from CSKA, with the Premier League his favoured destination.

24-year-old Love had reportedly been on the verge of a season-long loan move to Chelsea’s Premiership rivals Everton in the summer. However, this did not materialise, with Love staying in Moscow, where the diminutive forward was the top-scorer in the Russian Premier League in 2008.

Now Love (left) has declared his intention to leave the Russian capital, with the former Palmeiras player dropping a huge hint that Stamford Bridge was his favoured destination. Saying he was his own player and not a replacement for Robinho, who the Blues lost out on to Manchester City in the summer.

“It is my aim to go to England,” Love told the Daily Express.

“I have given my best years to CSKA and it's time to move. But I'm not a replacement for Robinho - I am my own player.”

Chelsea chief Peter Kenyon announced recently that there would be no new signings at Chelsea in January, but with a growing list of injuries, Scolari has told the board at the West London club that he needs one more player. Felipão confirmed he was an admirer of Love, but was coy as to whether he would be trying to sign the Brazilian in January.

“Now, because I have many injuries, I say to the board that I maybe need one player,” Scolari said.

“I know that it's a different time now for Chelsea. But, if I have any more injuries, they understand that I'll need one or two players to replace some players.

“I think it's maximum one player they'll replace because we need one player more.

“He is a very good player - now he's in Russia playing very well, but I'm not thinking about A, B or C.”

No comments:

Post a Comment