Monday 8 December 2008

United Flop Has "Unfinished Business" In The Premier League

*

Former Manchester United midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba has claimed that he has “unfinished business” in the Premier League, with the combative midfielder open to a move to West Ham United, who are reportedly keen on the Cameroon International from Odense BK in Denmark.

27-year-old Djemba-Djemba spent two years at Old Trafford after arriving from French side Nantes in 2003, but failed to live up to his reputation and was sold by Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson to Aston Villa in 2005, with the midfielder only making 20 league appearances for United.



Djemba-Djemba also failed to make an impression at Villa Park and was sent out on loan to Championship side Burnley before being sold by the Villans to Qatar SC in 2007, where the midfielder only made one appearance before joining Odense in 2008.

However, Djemba-Djemba has shown the type of form in Denmark that prompted Ferguson to pay £3.5million for him and has now attracted the attention of new Hammers manager Gianfranco Zola, who is keen to bring the midfielder back to the Premier League.

Djemba-Djemba told Sky Sports: “I am having a good season.

“I lost my way a bit when I signed for Manchester United, but I am a good player. You don't play alongside Roy Keane and Paul Scholes if you are a bad player.

“West Ham, are interested, I've heard, so that means I am having a good season.

“I have unfinished business with the Premier League, so who knows? It would be good to go back there and prove myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment