Roberto Mancini's agent Maurizio De Giorgis has revealed that there has been no contact from Premier League clubs Manchester City and Chelsea, who have both been linked with the former Inter Milan boss in recent reports, but did admit that Mancini would welcome the opportunity to take charge at Stamford Bridge.
After a disastrous sequence of results that sees City just two-points off the drop-zone and knocked out of the FA Cup last week 3-0 by Championship club Nottingham Forest at the Eastlands Stadium. The ADUG are reportedly ready to axe Hughes and replace him with former Italian International Mancini after just 20 league games in charge of a Blues team, which has blown more cold than hot in recent weeks.
Chelsea have also been linked with Mancini, who has been staying in London to learn English, with the Italian open to managing in the Premier League. Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has come under fire at Stamford Bridge recently, with Sunday’s 3-0 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford fuelling speculation that the Brazilian like Hughes could be heading for an exit from the West London club in his first season in charge.
However, De Giorgis insists that, no approach, for Mancini has been made by either club and dismissed reports that the former San Siro chief had met with officials from City recently.
De Giorgis told Goal.com: “I would know everything and I can tell you with certainty no club has come forward for Mancini.
“We have not had any contact with Chelsea, Manchester City or any other English club for that matter.
“For now no one has been in touch and therefore all this news is unfounded.
“We were not in England last week. In the past we have been because Mancini has been studying English.
“I can tell you for sure Mancini is in Italy at the moment. He has been for quite some time.
“It's impossible he was seen in another place by other people. These reports are untrue.”
De Giorgis did concede that if Chelsea were to come calling then he would be more than happy to talk to the Premiership side.
“I certainly hope they [Chelsea] come forward but, like I said, nothing so far,” added De Giorgis.
“If they call, then we will answer them, obviously.”
44-year-old Mancini was sacked by Inter last summer and replaced with former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, despite winning three consecutive Scudetti, with the Nerazzurri and the Coppa Italia and the Supercoppa Italiana in 2005 and 2006.