Sunday 4 January 2009

N'Zogbia Wants Arsenal Move

*

Newcastle United midfielder Charles N'Zogbia has stated once again that he wishes to leave St James’ Park in January, with the Frenchman expressing a desire to stay in the Premier League and admitting that Arsenal would be his preferred destination.

22-year-old N’Zogbia is reportedly a target for Gunners manager Arsene Wenger, with Premiership rivals Aston Villa along with Ligue 1 side Paris St Germain also linked with a move for the French Under-21 International.

N’Zogbia has become disillusioned with events at the North East club in recent months and is desperate for a move away from the Toon in order to win trophies and realise his ambition of playing for the senior French side. N’Zogbia, who joined Newcastle as an 18-year-old from the Le Havre youth side four-years ago has also claimed that the Magpies are willing to let him leave St James’ Park, should the right offer come along.

“I am used to English Football, so my priority is to stay here,” N'Zogbia told Le 10 Sport.

“France? I don't know it very well! But I think about it. I don't have any contact with French clubs, or any other clubs.

“I ask myself questions about my future. At Newcastle for three years we are playing in the bottom of the league. I want to win titles, and I have set myself high objectives, like being in the French team.

“I told Newcastle in case of possible transfer, I will do anything to leave this winter. If the club receives a nice offer, they will try to transfer me."

“Arsenal is the club that makes me dream the most in the Premier League.

“Lyon is a very, very good club. PSG is currently in a very good period.

“If I could have to be transferred there, I would have no regret. It would be a good choice.

“But Anyway, I am at Newcastle so far. I give my best for that club, which gave me my start in professional football.”

No comments:

Post a Comment