Monday 5 January 2009

Tevez Casts Major Doubt On United Future

*

Carlos Tevez has shrouded more doubt on his future at Manchester United, with the striker claiming that despite wanting to stay at Old Trafford he will quit the club if he has to.

24-year-old Tevez has been at the Premier League Champions since joining from West Ham in 2007, with United now having to pay the agreed £32million for the Argentine International’s registration.

Tevez has come out and refuted Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s comments that the striker had rejected an offer from United, with Tevez dismayed that the saga has already dragged on for a year-and-a-half.

“I didn't like him (Ferguson) saying I didn't like the offer I was made because neither my agent nor me were given one,” Tevez told Radio del Plata.

“I don't know anything on my future. United know what they must pay (£32m) if they want me to stay.

“I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I've been waiting for them for a year and a half.

"If I have to quit the club, I want to quit on good terms."

Amidst the speculation La Liga giants Real Madrid along with Arsenal and Manchester City have shown an interest in Tevez, with the Argentine claiming that he would sign for another club if they offered him a five-year contract.

“Now all clubs are on an equal footing. If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it for peace of mind,” he added.

“I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca (Juniors.) That could be in four or five years.”

“I want everybody to know no offer has been made. I don't like that they are playing with our fans, who show their love to me in each match.”

No comments:

Post a Comment