Sunday 7 September 2008

Liverpool's Arbeloa Dismisses Anfield Exit Speculation

Spanish International Alvaro Arbeloa has dismissed talk that he is to leave Liverpool, amidst reports that the defender is heading for the Anfield exit next summer.

25-year-old Arbeloa, who joined from La Liga club Deportivo La Coruna in January 2007 for £2.5million has insisted he has no intention of leaving the Reds, with the former Real Madrid player also revealing that his career has progressed under manager Rafa Benitez after making the breakthrough into the Spain team in March 2008 and being part of the EURO 2008 winning Spanish squad.

“I don't know where all the speculation that I am not happy has come from but it is miles from the truth,” Arbeloa told the Daily Star Sunday.

“I am at a massive club. I have played in a European Cup semi-final and a final too since I came here. I also broke into the national team through my displays for Liverpool.
Competition

“There is competition for places here just the same as there is at any big club. But I know if I play well, play to a really high level, then the manager has confidence in me and will play me in his team.

“I have played anywhere the manager has asked me to play and I will do the same again this season.”

Arbeloa had reportedly wanted to return to Spain earlier in the summer, but now looks set to continue at the Merseyside club, with the Spaniard starting all three Premier League games for Liverpool this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment