Thursday 18 September 2008

Man City & Portsmouth Target Chamakh: 'For Sure I Want To Play In The Premier League'

Premier League clubs Portsmouth and Manchester City will be pleased to hear that summer target Marouane Chamakh at Ligue 1 side Bordeaux has desires to play in the Premiership.

The 24-year-old Moroccan International, who has been at the Stade Chaban Delmas since 2001 and has risen through the youth ranks at the French team has revealed that he has wanted to move to England since Bordeaux faced Liverpool in the Champions League.

“It was an absolute pleasure to play here (against Chelsea) even if I’m far from satisfied with the 4-0 defeat,” Chamakh told setantasports.com.

“We knew it would be a massive game against such a good team as Chelsea but tonight [Tuesday] I have mixed feelings because on one hand I played in England, which is what I love but on another hand we heavily lost.

“For sure I want to play in The Premier League since we faced Liverpool in the Champions League.

However, despite wanting to make the switch to England, Chamakh is keen to add to his 160 appearances for Bordeaux, with the Morrocan striker remaining focused on helping Bordeaux qualify for the Champions League again.

“But right now I’m focused on my club and on the French league and this year we are going to try and qualify for the Champions League once again.” He added.

No comments:

Post a Comment