Wednesday 17 September 2008

New Man City Signing Kompany: "I Love The Premier League"

New Manchester City signing Vincent Kompany has revealed that he “loves the Premier League” and that he had made “the right decision” to join City for a fee in the region of £6million from Bundesliga pace-setters SV Hamburg this summer.

22-year-old Kompany has settled effortlessly into life in the Premiership, with the Belgian International putting in a man of the match performance on his City debut and has subsequently shown the form which will make him a star at the Eastlands Stadium for Mark Hughes’ team.

Kompany told Manchester City's website: “I love it. I love the Premier League and I’m happy because I had the feeling as soon as I came here that I’d made the right decision.

“If you look at the players coming in, the hard and fantastic work that Mark Hughes is doing, I’m very confident that the big results will come with time. I think we’ve shown the signs that there is something here," the Anderlecht-educated defensive midfielder said.

“The Premier League is a long season and in the end you get judged on what you’ve done all season. At the moment I’ve only played three games for City and two good games for the national team as well.

Kompany was also mindful that he is part of a team and insisted his performance depended on the performances of team-mates.

“My performance depends on the performance of the likes of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Robinho as well as other players and in turn theirs impact on mine.

“If the team continue to do well then we should be in for a very good season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment