Sunday 7 September 2008

Olympic Gold Medalist Wants January Exit - Chelsea, Barca & Inter All Linked

Olympic Gold medalist Angel Di Maria, who was a target for Chelsea, FC Barcelona and Inter Milan this summer has revealed that he is ready to leave Benfica in the January transfer window.

20-year-old winger Di Maria scored the winning goal for Argentina at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and has made 36 appearances for the Eagles since his transfer from Rosario Central in 2007, but has now decided that he may leave O Glorioso for a major league in the next window.

Di Maria said : “I know that many clubs have been interested in me, but at the moment I am only thinking about Benfica and Argentina. I will stay here until December and then we will see.

“I do not have a preference as to where I would like to go, but my dream is to play in one of the great leagues.”

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari is a known admirer of the Argentine International from his time as the Portugal coach, which could give the Blues the edge in bringing the young star to Stamford Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment