Thursday 23 October 2008

Chelsea's Drogba To Escape FA Charge

Ivory Coast International Didier Drogba is to escape punishment from the FA over comments in his book stating that he wished he had punched Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic.

The Chelsea striker, who was sent off in the Champions league Final for slapping Vidic will escape any action from the FA, with the FA deciding that no action needs to be taken after studying the remark in the context of his book.

Drogba said: “I have seen the match on video and I believe I should not have been sent off with three minutes to go.

“If I had punched him, I would have understood. Now I wish I had."

The FA have decided that Drogba’s case is different to the case in 2002 when Sunderland boss Roy Keane, who was then a Manchester United player said he intentionally wanted to cause harm to Alf Inge Halaand in a Manchester derby. Keane was banned for 5 matches and fined £150,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment