Wednesday 8 October 2008

Congo International Tells Arsenal "I Cannot Wait All The Time"

Congo International striker Tresor Mputu has revealed that he intends to sign for a European club soon, with the prolific forward already impressing Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, while on trial at the Emirates Stadium last season.

22-year-old Mputu currently plays for Congolese team TP Mazembe, where the highly-rated young African boasts a better than a goal a game average for TP and is now looking to secure a move to a top European club.

Despite impressing the Gunners boss last November it is not known if Wenger is keen to add the striker to his squad in North London. However, Mputu “loved” it at Arsenal and is waiting, but has insisted that he “cannot wait all the time” for the Premiership club to come calling.

Mputu told skysports.com: “I went for a trial with Arsenal. I loved it there. I am waiting, however I cannot wait all the time.

“I want to play in the UEFA Champions League, show my skills and my goalscoring ability. I want to move. My club president is ready to let me go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment