Monday 20 October 2008

'Special One' Eyes Premier League Return

Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho has revealed that his next job in management will not be with a La Liga club in Spain or the as boss of the Portuguese National side, but that he will return to England and the Premiership.

Former Chelsea manager Mourinho was a had huge success during just over three years at Stamford Bridge, with the self dubbed ‘Special One’ winning the Premier League and League Cup twice along with an FA Cup and the Community Shield, but was sensationally sacked in October 2007 after the Blues slow start to the season.

Despite this Mourinho is adamant a return to the Premier League is next on the horizon when he decides to leave the Nerazzurri and that he is “in love” with the English game.

“Everyone says that I want to go to Spain, that I want to be the coach of my national team,” said Mourinho.

“It's not true. I want to return to England after Inter.

“I'm in love with the English league and I'll definitely return one day. I think that's what I want to do after Inter.”

However, Mourinho has no plans to quit Serie A just yet, with the ‘Special One’ extending his remarkable unbeaten record at home as a manager at the weekend in the 4-0 humbling of AS Roma. Which sees Mourinho unbeaten as a manger at home since a defeat for previous club Porto in February 2002.

“I have a contract with Inter. I'm happy with Inter,” added Mourinho.

No comments:

Post a Comment