Wednesday 19 November 2008

Arsenal Given Hope In Van Buyten Chase?

Arsenal transfer target Daniel van Buyten has revealed that while he is happy at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich he will see what happens during the winter, with Gunners manager Arsene Wenger reportedly ready to swoop for the Belgian International in January.

30-year-old Van Buyten has been at the Allianz Arena since making the switch from SV Hamburg in 2006, but despite limited opportunities under new coach Jurgen Klinsman this season insists he will not be looking for a new club.

“I am still good at Bayern and I want to stay there,” Van Buyten told HLN.

“I understand I am going to play less regularly this season, but I am focused on doing my best, without looking for a new club.”

However, Van Buyten has suggested that his stance could be changed, with the Belgian declaring Arsenal “a top club” and that there is still time to take a decision on his future. Leaving the door open for a January switch to the Premier League.

“I must say Arsenal are a top club. We will see what happens during the winter but I am good at Bayern and there is still enough time to take a decision,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment