Sunday 2 November 2008

Arsenal's Fabregas: "I'd Love To Be The Captain"

Spanish International Cesc Fabregas has revealed that he would “love to be the captain” at Arsenal, with Frenchman William Gallas the man in possession of the armband at the Emirates Stadium at the moment.

21-year-old Fabregas has been at the Gunners since 2003 and is a pivotal figure in Arsene Wenger’s North London side, with the EURO 2008 Winner considered in some quarters to be a better candidate to lead Arsenal than the temperamental former Chelsea player Gallas, who has shown signs of petulance while playing for Arsenal in the past.

However, while Fabregas has designs on leading Arsenal the Spaniard insists his main aim is to help the Premier League club win more trophies and make history, with the former Barcelona youth player adamant that he will continue to give 100% for the Gunners, whether he is given the armband or not.

Fabregas said: “I really want to achieve things with Arsenal — to win trophies and make history. That’s why I’m here.

“I’d love to be the captain, but whether I wear the armband or not, I’ll always give 100 per cent for the Arsenal fans.”

No comments:

Post a Comment