Monday 24 November 2008

Man City, Hull & Sunderland Target Kazim-Richards Eyes Premier League Return

Turkish International Colin Kazim-Richards has revealed that he would love a return to the Premier League from Turkish side Fenerbahce, with Hull City, Sunderland and Manchester City all reportedly interested in the former Sheffield United player.

22-year-old Kazim-Richards has risen to prominence since he joined Fenerbahce from the Blades in 2007, which has seen the player, who started his career at Bury star in EURO 2008 during the summer and become an integral part of the Turkish sides Champions League campaign this season.

Kazim-Richards is a crowd favourite at the Sari Kanaryalar, but despite this is still keen on a return to England, with the winger, who is valued at around £4million wanted by Premiership trio Man City, Hull and Roy Keane’s Black Cats.

The former Brighton player has also responded to criticism that he has a bad reputation, something that Kazim-Richards claims has followed him since a public spat with Seagulls boss Mark McGhee, but insists that it is unfounded and would love a return to the Premier League to show what he can do.

“A lot of people had question marks over me in England because rumours were spread in football that I was a bad apple following my time at Brighton,” he told the Daily Mirror.

“I had a problem with Mark McGhee there and the press seized on that and it seemed to follow me wherever I went.

“But if I was a troublemaker why would Fenerbahce have signed me?

“They are maybe in the top five best supported teams in the world.

“They have shown they can get some of the world's best. They wouldn't waste their time if I was trouble.

“I come from East London and if people have a go I have a go back. But I've played in the Champions League against Arsenal and Chelsea and also in the Euros.

“I don't think there is a doubt I'm a better player since leaving England. I'd love to come back and show people what I can do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment