Sunday 14 December 2008

Arsenal Target Cabaye Flattered By Interest

*

Arsenal January transfer target Yohan Cabaye has revealed that he is flattered by the interest of the Premier League club, but has insisted that for the moment his focus remains on helping Ligue 1 side Lille qualify for Europe next season.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is reportedly tracking Cabaye along with the midfielder’s Belgian International team-mate Eden Hazard, who Wenger has had watched on several occasions and is keen to lure the pair to the Emirates Stadium in January.



22-year-old Cabaye has been at Lille since 2001 and has come through the academy at the French side, with the midfielder already making over 100 Ligue 1 appearances for Lille since his senior debut in 2004. Cabaye is under contract at the Stadium Lille-Metropole until 2013, but the French Under-21 International hinted that he could leave the French side, with his future dependant on any offers that might arise.

Cabaye told L’Equipe: “In the past, there weren’t all those rumours surrounding me. That’s good - flattering.

“For the moment, I try not to lose my focus. Like every season, my plan is to play the best I can in order to help the club qualify for a European cup.

“Only after that I will see what the best is regarding my future. For sure, I’m happy that my work is being recognised. It’s up to me to work as twice hard to make people speak even more about me.

“(My future) will depend on offers, but reaching the next level in France would be fine. Playing Ligue 1 and Champions League football at the same time would be, super important in terms of development.”

No comments:

Post a Comment