Sunday 14 December 2008

Wenger Tells Eboue To Win Arsenal Fans Back By Giving 200%

*

Ivory Coast International Emmanuel Eboue has vowed to bounce back for Arsenal after being booed by his own fans and suffering the humiliation of being a substituted substitute in the Gunners Premier League clash with Wigan Athletic last weekend.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger claimed at the time that he had hauled 25-year-old Eboue off against the Latics for his own good, but has since backed the versatile right-sided player to come good for the Premiership club.

Despite the backing from Wenger, Eboue started on the bench for Arsenal in the 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday, but Wenger has told the former Beveren player to play his way back into the hearts of the Emirates faithful by giving 200% in every match for the North London club.

Eboue told The People: "It was sad. I did not expect that reaction from the public because I have always given all for Arsenal.

“But I am a professional and I have respect for the reactions of the crowd.

“The manager has encouraged me in the last few days and told me that you get over these things by working harder and fighting.

“He has promised me that if I give 200 per cent in every game, the fans will applaud me again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment