Sunday 14 December 2008

Tottenham Misfit Ready To Quit White Hart Lane

*

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng has claimed that he is ready to quit the Premier League club in January and return to the German Bundesliga after having limited opportunities at the North London club.

21-year-old Boateng joined Spurs from Hertha Berlin in 2007 for £5.5million, but failed to establish himself at White Hart Lane under previous managers Martin Jol and Juande Ramos. With the German Under-21 International revealing that Jol did not even want to sign him and that it was former Tottenham sporting director Damien Comoli, who pushed the deal through to bring the player to the Premiership.

Boateng, found he was not wanted by Ramos either, who refused to give the German a squad number at the start of this season along with Paul Stalteri, Hossam Ghaly, Ricardo Rocha and Adel Taarabt. Ramos even went as far as to ban the five players from using the first team training facilities.

Now that Harry Redknapp is in charge of Tottenham, Boateng continues to be frustrated at White Hart Lane, with the midfielder only making two substitute appearances for Spurs since Redknapp’s arrival from Portsmouth and now feels that is time to seek a new challenge away from Tottenham.

“I have the quality but I certainly don't have a future in London,” he told the People.

“Tottenham signed Modric, Bentley and Pavlyuchenko and there is no place for me.

“Apparently I did not convince Juande Ramos, even though he was not fully fair to me.

“And as for Martin Jol, he never wanted me - he told me himself. Damien Comolli wanted me and pushed my transfer through.”

No comments:

Post a Comment