Tuesday 23 September 2008

Fulham Winger Cook Wants Permanent January Move

Fulham winger Lee Cook has revealed that he already considers himself a Queens Park Rangers player again and expects to be at the Championship side for the next three-and-a-half years.

26-year-old Cook is currently on a season-long loan at Loftus Road after having an injury ravaged first season in the Premier League at Craven Cottage. Which resulted in Cook not making a solitary appearance for the Cottagers first-team.

Cook now expects that his loan move to QPR will become permanent when the transfer window opens in January, with the midfielder also happy to be back at the club he has supported since childhood.

Cook told Sky Sports: “The loan deal is with a view to a permanent, so I'm hoping it will be sorted out in January.

“As far as I'm concerned I'm going to be at QPR for the next three-and-a-half years at least. It's a football club that I've supported all my life, so I can't think of anywhere better to play my football.

“There's a lot more expectation around the club now and the fans are more excited because they feel it's a realistic target to return to the Premier League.

“Before we used to dream of promotion but there wasn't much chance of us fulfilling it.

“We have to keep our feet on the ground and concentrate on playing our football and, if we keep getting good results week in week out, then I can't see why we can't get promoted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment