Tuesday 23 September 2008

Newcastle, Wigan, West Brom, Sampdoria & Milan All Chase Norwegian Starlet Forren

Premier League clubs Newcastle United, West Bromwich Albion and Wigan Athletic along with Serie A sides AC Milan and Sampdoria are all interested in Vegard Forren of Molde, according to Norwegian newspaper Nettavisen.

The paper reports that all three Premiership clubs along with Milan and Sampdoria sent scouts to watch the Norwegian Under-21 International central-defender on Monday.

The 20-year-old has been at Molde since joining from KIL/Hemne in 2007, but has demanded an improved contract at the Aker Stadion, despite signing a five-year deal with the Tippeligaen side only last year.

While the young defender is not demanding to be the top earner at Molde and insists he is focused on developing his talents with Molde. Forren has admitted that should a good offer come he would have to consider it, with the Norwegian favouring a move to the Premier League.

“After my performances this year, I feel that I deserve a better contract,” he told Nettavisen.

“My agent is coming from Denmark and we will sit down and negotiate with the club.

“I do not expect to be the top earner, but there must be an improvement.”

“I have a long contract with Molde and I am focused on developing my talents here,” he said.

“But, of course, if I get a good offer – preferably from the Premier League – I would have to consider it.”

Forren’s agent, Gudlaugur Tomasson has also confirmed the interest in his client, with him claiming it was “quite natural” for the big clubs to be looking at Forren.

“There are many interested clubs,” he said.

“It is quite natural that major clubs come to check him out and that they would recognise a young talent in Vegard.”

Should Wigan, Newcastle or West Brom decide to follow up on their initial interest, it is thought that it would cost the trio in the region of £4million to bring the defender to the Premiership.

No comments:

Post a Comment